Friday, April 26, 2013

OR Project Reflection


My OR project consisted of a video teaching participants how to create an InDesign flip book.  Overall, the feedback was good, I just needed to tweak a few things here and there.   I took it a step further and added a flip book design to one of the courses I’m developing on the job.  It was received positively which led to my supervisor purchasing InDesign for future developments.  I even uploaded the “how to create a flip book” video to the company’s intranet.

I enjoyed the OR project so much, I have decided to learn a new technology for each month, and incorporate it into a course design at my workplace.  I would also like to encourage other instructional designers to do the same.  I think it would prevent burn out from creating the same old types of course designs that we are used to.

I took a little time to write this reflection because I wanted to conduct a new survey after incorporating the feedback edits to the video. I was a little perplexed because I received feedback to take the music out – which I did.  But after the revision, some of the participants surveyed noted for me to put the music back in the video.  So, I am going to upload both the original and edited version of the video to my Wiki for viewers to decide which one they prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment