Sunday, April 7, 2013

Teaching Stlye in the OR project

Twitter Question: Did you learn about your teaching style in the OR project? - Discuss your teaching strengths and weaknesses from this on blog.

I learned that I can change my teaching style to accommodate adult different adult learning styles. For my OR project, I will teach learners how to create a page turn book in InDesign. As I taught the initial short course to co-workers and family, I found myself changing my style for a co-worker who was computer literate. She just wanted the basics and my short course was too long and cumbersome for her.  For family members, some who lacked computer skills, I found myself having to add details and vivid description of instruction. I guess my strength is being able to change my teaching style to teach adult learners.  I found my weakness was that I needed to create a course that adhered to all learning styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment