Sunday, April 7, 2013

Professional Development Plan Project


Visionary Leadership
 
Educational Administrators inspire and lead development and implementation of a shared vision for comprehensive integration of technology to promote excellence and support transformation throughout the organization.
My focus area is:
B) Engage in an ongoing process to develop, implement, and communicate technology-infused strategic plans aligned with a shared vision
My professional development plan goal for the above standard is to create a technology road map that will allow team members to recognize the department’s current technology state, and future technology direction.  My short term goal is to research books, articles and internet sites on how to develop a technology road map. My long term goal is to eventually become an expert and develop a template for all departments to create their own technology road maps.

2 comments:

  1. Creating a technology road map is a great plan! My work environment is not very conducive to a technology road map, but having one would be incredibly helpful.

    What is one site that you might grab a link to now but look at in detail later?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I conducted my research on technology road maps, I found that developing a TRM is a process that businesses rely on as far as budgets, short term goals and long term goals.

      Here are some web sites I found useful:

      http://www.nasa.gov/offices/oct/home/roadmaps/

      http://www.cra.org/ccc/docs/groe/GROE%20Roadmap%20for%20Education%20Technology%20Final%20Report.pdf

      http://www.nbcnews.com/id/9073822/ns/technology_and_science-space/t/how-one-company-making-space-pay/

      Delete